Requirements and skills
- Super detail-oriented and accustomed to high standards
- Comfort in communicating via phone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using a contact database, ideally Salesforce
- Extremely organized: great with planning, logistics, and details
- Follows up persistently
- Ability to perform equally well independently and in a team
The ideal candidate will also possess
- Enthusiasm for About-Face’s work and mission
- Commitment to uplifting and empowering young (self-identified) girls and gender-expansive youth
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Contact a list of schools, community organizations, wellness centers, summer camps, after-school programs via phone and email, following up with appropriate communications
- Update and periodically make revisions to various contact lists in Salesforce
- Add new contacts to create a complete list
- Problem-solve creatively about new outreach tactics
- Drop off flyers and relevant literature at strategic locations
- Introduce prospective clients to the work of About-Face
- Assist with sending mailings to schools and community-based organizations
- Attend weekly staff meetings (when needed)
- Regular check-ins and report back to Director of Programs
Technology tools for this role
- Google Suite: Drive, Calendar, Mail, Hangouts/Meet, Voice
- MailChimp (optional)
This position is based on a 3-month contract, to start late August/early September with an end date in November.
- $20/hour (depending on experience), 15-20 hours a week
- Not a staff or employee position: no benefits are included
- Some flexibility regarding hours (within the regularly scheduled school day)
- Location: About-Face office (located at the Impact Hub, San Francisco) for 1-2 days a week, and the opportunity to work remotely
- Please apply no later than August 9. Interviews will be held the week of August 12 and August 19.
About-Face values diversity of race/ethnicity, age, ability, and gender diversity. Women of color, members of the LGBT community, and other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Send your résumé and cover letter telling us why you’re right for the role (no more than the length of 1 printed page) to Hénia Belalia, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to you as quickly as possible ahead of the August interviews.