The Marketing/Development Coordinator is a part-time (20 hours/week), paid position based in San Francisco, CA. Applications due by February 14, 2020.
About-Face frees girls* from the confines of our toxic culture so they can fulfill their potential. At the organization’s roots are activism, awareness-raising, body positivity, media and cultural literacy, a belief in the power of youth, social justice principles, and gender equity. We work with self-identified girls ages 13-18 in their schools and elsewhere to teach them critical thinking and other skills centered on understanding and critique of our mainstream culture, including media and social media. We also reach them via social media. We then transform that knowledge into activism skills that they can use throughout their lives. About-Face is in the San Francisco Bay Area and is working toward expanding its online and on-the-ground presence.
* “Girls” is inclusive of trans, cis, and self-identified girls as well as non-binary youth.
About the role
The Marketing/Development Coordinator will work with one foot in marketing/outreach projects and one foot in fundraising to raise awareness of and engagement with About-Face’s mission. As we develop our team, the person in this role will be critical to About-Face’s success in authentically reaching our audiences and creating long-term positive impact on teen girls’ mental health, leadership skills, and self-efficacy.
The About-Face Marketing/Development Coordinator role is well-suited to you if you’re poised to move up from an entry-level communications, development, or content marketing position or just want a new challenge. A successful candidate for this role also enjoys creating effective written and visual communication; uses data to inform that communication; thrives as part of a small team; and feels a connection to About-Face’s mission.
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: About-Face’s offices are in San Francisco, and some remote work could be considered.
Required experience and skills
- One (1) or more years’ experience in a paid, professional position
- Knowledge necessary to create high-quality graphics, simple videos, and to resize photos/images for electronic use
- Very strong professional writing skills
- Ability to employ our brand guidelines and bold, smart tone to inspire our audience to learn and take action
- Extremely organized; great with planning, prioritization, logistics, and details
- Clear communicator
Preferred experience and skills
- Experience working in a nonprofit communications role centering on fundraising, development, marketing, or outreach
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Educational or academic grounding in gender, race, and other equity issues
- Track record of organizing effective campaigns (fundraising, social action, or marketing)
- Build out and coordinate About-Face’s editorial calendar
- Organize and upgrade assets such as photos, video, graphics, and text
- Produce a monthly video series
- Use our Brand Guidelines in developing content for our website and emails
- Frequently update website content against our editorial calendar
- Maintain Google AdGrants and SEO-related revisions to the website
- Use Salesforce and MailChimp to communicate with segmented email subscribers
- Grow our email subscriber list
- Produce monthly and as-needed email campaigns for all segments
- Create and interpret reports using collected data
- Work with our social media consultant to coordinate campaign messaging and create on-the-ground content about our programs for youth
- Search for foundation grants and other funding
- Assist in coordinating multiple small donor events per year
- Work with board committee to plan and support follow-up
- Collaborate on appeal emails and letters
- Create and manage fundraising campaigns
- Write grant proposals
About our workplace and management
At About-Face, we are professionals who are truly dedicated and we work hard, but we also have fun. Because we are a small team, the Marketing/Development Coordinator will have significant responsibility and learning opportunities, but will also join us in rejecting continued overwork as a badge of honor. The Marketing/Development Coordinator will receive appropriate feedback and performance reviews to support their success.
Salary and benefits
This is a part-time, 20-hour-per-week employee position. Annual salary will be $44,000-50,000 FTE (full-time equivalent). As this is a part-time role, pre-tax pay will be $22,000-25,000. Salary level depends on experience and skills. Benefits are available, including 90% health insurance paid by About-Face and 100% paid vision/dental insurance; and vacation/sick time.
About-Face values diversity and strives to maintain a diverse team. People of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and those in other marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Ideal start date
Monday, February 24, 2020
Send your cover letter describing how you fit this position and résumé to Jennifer Berger, Executive Director, at workwithus[at]about[hyphen]face[dot]org.
Apply by Friday, February 14. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.