Goals and Objectives of the Workshop
- Give youth a set of critical thinking skills that will further their media literacy and fluency.
- Present an overview of systemic oppression, social constructs, and harmful stereotypes portrayed in media.
- Introduce youth to social change and youth-led activism.
Impact and Outcomes
Over the years, we have been able to make statistically significant improvements for girls related to satisfaction with one’s appearance, reduced importance of looking like people in media, increased self-esteem, and a decrease in behaviors such as dangerous dieting. We assess and measure outcomes for the girls in our programs using rigorous statistical analysis.
This one-year license lets you deliver the About-Face curriculum, requiring only a computer and projector (or equivalent tools). We request that you send us follow ups when you complete a workshop.
The license for this curriculum allows the following (see plain language below). By downloading the curriculum, you agree to the terms of the license agreement. The full license agreement is included in the Curriculum Guide.
- The purchase of this curriculum functions as a one-year license for use of the About-Face curriculum, presentation, and Media Catalog. After that time, if you choose not to review, you will lose access.
- The Curriculum Guide and the slides are protected by copyright law. You may not modify and/or distribute them in any way.
- Only one person may use each purchased license. The curriculum license covers one “seat”. We’ve kept the price of the curriculum license low so that organizations may purchase further licenses affordably. Please respect our work and our request.
- This curriculum is not limited to school and nonprofit use. Anyone in any community may purchase this curriculum, and non-teachers may teach it in a school upon permission from the school, for example. That licensee may present the workshop to multiple organizations or schools using these materials.
- No licensee may charge a fee or be paid in any way to present the workshop.
- You agree to complete and submit Workshop Follow-Up Forms at the end of each workshop you facilitate.